Pages

Sunday 1 June 2014

Tag Tree

My card today is for my Step Dad's birthday next Month ( sorry about the photo, my camera flash is still doing it's own thing! )


I will also be entering it in these challenges :

Colour Me have these autumn colours,

the sketch comes from Freshly Made Sketches,

The Male Room want a masculine card with theme of
"TREES AND LEAVES"




 Seize the Birthday have a toppings of "TAGS"

and lastly, but no means least,  Addicted to Stamps want us to
"MAKE YOUR MARK"



I stamped the tree with rust ink, and hand coloured the leaves with SU markers. I then cut it out using the shape from the outside of a Nestie for the top of the tag, and laid it on some rust card. This was then placed onto a randomly stamped base card with leaves, script, and splodges. It was finished off with a sentiment banner, ribbon and button.

Supplies :
Card = Whisper White, Rust and base FMS
Stamps = Leaves of a Tree, French Foliage, and Apothecary Art
Inks = Black, Crushed Curry, Baked Brown Sugar, Old Olive, and Adirondack Rust
Tools = Nestie and Stamp-a-ma-jig
Extras = 3D Pads, Button, Ribbon, and Bakers Twine

I had a bad fall in the garden again yesterday, and my arms and legs are black and blue, so I decided to do the right thing today, and stay indoors watching the French Open Tennis while crafting. 

Thanks for dropping by, hope you'll come back again soon


                                                                  





8 comments:

  1. Very pretty card! Love that wonderful background with your focal image. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bev - thanks for joining us in TMR this week with your lovely card - lov e the colours you have used - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you've colored all of the leaves on the tree. Very pretty! Sorry to hear you took a fall -- hope you are recovering quickly. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow - what a super card. A great combination of challenges! Thanks so much for playing along with ASM and The Male Room this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect card for a guy and the background leaves are great colours to compliment the tree.,thanks for joining us at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card Bev! That sketch works perfectly with our tag challenge this week. Thanks for joining us at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful coloring on those leaves! Pretty card. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully done! I love your tree...it is so detailed! Your stepdad will love it! So happy you were able to use the CM colors this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read every one, and I really appreciate your time in leaving me your thoughts.