Pages

Wednesday 28 August 2013

He's a Wanderer!

My card today is for two challenges.

First, it's my DT card for The Male Room where the theme this week is 
THE GREAT OUTDOORS

and second, is this sketch from the Paper Players 




Here's my card



I rotated the sketch 180*, and sponged the scene with the grassy hill and clouds in the sky. The wanderer was stamped and coloured with an Aqua Painter and cut with a Nestie label, before being placed on the scene with 3D pads. The stamped sign post shows the way to the top of the hill, and the tufts of grass are made with the ends of tree branches stamped over the edge of some torn paper.

Now for those of you who don't know, I live in the shadows of the Malvern Hills, which are famous for their pure waters, and that our lovely Queen Elizabeth takes bottles of it with her on her travels. The wanderer on the card is climbing the highest hill, Worcestershire Beacon, which is 1,394 feet above sea level. In the past, fires were lit here to send messages of impending attack to the surrounding counties, and in more present times, to signify special events such as the Queens Jubilee and the Olympics.

Supplies :
Card = Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, and white base FMS
Stamps = Papermania, Flower Soft, and Lovely as a Tree
Inks = Black Archival, and numerous (9) SU colours.
Tools = Big Shot, Nestabilities, Post Its, Aqua Painter, and Sponges
Extras = 3D Pads

Things are still a little crazy with Mum being ill, and my treatment, but I hope to be back to normal soon

Thanks for all your well wishes and kind thoughts


3 comments:

  1. What a fun take on the sketch, Bev! I love how you used your grassy hill to mimic the sketch elements. What a beautiful job you've done coloring, too. Thanks for playing along this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bev, I'm so glad you joined us this week! What a fabulous job you've done coloring your images! Your card is beautiful. Thank you for playing with me sketch at the Paper Players!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just made a card using your technique like this. Thank you so much for the idea. Loved hearing a little bit about your area you live in. Another beautiful place in England I want to visit now!
    Vx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read every one, and I really appreciate your time in leaving me your thoughts.