Pages

Friday 21 June 2013

Fathers Day

Today my card is for two challenges

The first is CAS Colours and Sketches with these colours,
and the second is a new Male Only challenge called The Male Room. Jacqueline who has started it is looking for a DT, so if you fancy a go, pop over to the Male Room and give it a try. 

Here is my card

I decided on a Fathers Day easel card, and used my Aqua Painter to make the three colours into varying shades. The flowers were stamped separately from the wheelbarrow in Archival black, and then once coloured I slit the card following the top of the barrow.
Next I cut around the flowers and long green leaves so that the wasted coloured in card went into the slit, where it was stuck into place. It was then raised on 3D pads to add some dimension. It was finished with a sentiment, ribbon, and butterfly on the bottom part of the card.



Supplies :
Card = Whisper White, and white base FMS
Stamps = Flower Soft, and Papermania
Inks = Black Archival, Gumball Green, Primrose Petals, and Cajun Craze
Tools = Aqua Painter, Elegant and Bitty Butterfly Punches
Extras = 3D pads, Ribbon, and Gems

I'm suffering today with my joints as I over did things doing my garden yesterday, so I'm going to have to take things easy over the weekend to recover. I hope you enjoy it whatever you are doing.





6 comments:

  1. It looks amazing! Very clever how you inserted the flowers. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S and good luck with the DT call

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card with so much fabulous details. Take it easy & hope your joints feel better soon. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bev! Wonderful card. Gorgeous colouring. I hope you recover soon. Thanks so much for playing along at CC&S xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! Great job with the colors! Thank you for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - that's a lot of coloring and cutting! Great job on this twisted easel card. Thanks for sharing it in this week's CAS - Colours and Sketches challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Bev - thanks for joining in this week at CC&S - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read every one, and I really appreciate your time in leaving me your thoughts.