Pages

Saturday 2 March 2013

Watch the Birdie!

This is my second card for today, and I'm putting it into the following challenges,

First is Stampin' Royalty with this sketch,

secondly, Color Throwdown with these
juicy colours,

and lastly CAS-ual Fridays who want to see stamped backgrounds




This is what I made



I made the bird background by punching the shape out of some scrap card, and randomly sponging So Saffron through the bird shaped hole. I then inked up a swirly flourish ( with Crumb Cake ) and stamped this through the hole as well, and this left a filigree shaped bird design. The same flourish was stamped in pink and green onto white card, and again punched with the bird shape. I love doing this technique and really must use it more. The birds were placed on pink card over a branch coloured with a green Write Marker, topped with the wings that were placed on 3D pads. These toppers were then mounted onto cream card which had an embossed line down down each side, and pink scallop border peeping from underneath each edge.

Supplies :
Card = So Saffron, Melon Mambo, White card and Cream card base FMS
Stamps = Always Elegant and Verve sentiment
Inks = Melon Mambo, So Saffron, Crumb Cake, Lucky Limeade, and Black
Tools = Big Shot, Nestabilities, Martha Stewart punch, SU Bird Punch, Embossing board and tool (FMS),
         and Post It Notes
Extras = 3D pads, and organza ribbon


Enjoy the rest of the weekend, and I hope to be back soon




9 comments:

  1. You are in a very creative mood at the moment Bev, hope you are having fun - it looks like it though your card is beautiful - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute....I just love all the little birds!!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card Bev! I love those birds! Thank you for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you've used these colors and the sketch!!! Your birds look awesome!! Such a cute card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cool! I love the patterned birds and their coordinating wings!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Great use of the colors and design for your challenge entries. Makes me think of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the repeating bird pattern! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea for that background!! Love all the elements! Thanks for playing along with us for this weeks Stampin' Royalty Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read every one, and I really appreciate your time in leaving me your thoughts.