Pages

Friday 8 March 2013

Walk in the Country


Where has the week gone?? I thought I'd have time to play this week but it's Friday night already. So, this is a quick post tonight.

My card is for two challenges, the first is Mojo Monday with this sketch,

and the second is Make My Monday where they are looking for something

                                  INSPIRED BY NATURE

Here's my card


I started with the scene on some white card, and tore strips of masking tape and swiped my choc chip ink pad over it so it looked like a muddy ploughed field. I then sponged the sky and hills, and stamped the bare trees, and used the edges of a tree as the hedgerow and bushes in the distance.

A dragonfly was randomly stamped onto blue card, into which I die cut a hole and surrounded it with a tan scallop circle. The scene was placed behind the hole on 3D pads to try to give it some perspective, and the sparrow was stamped and sat on some fern fronds with him looking through the hole ( looking for some worms perhaps?). 


Some embossed card and sentiment were added as the final touches.


Supplies :
Card = bashful Blue, Pear Pizzazz, White, Tan, and Cream card FMS
Stamps = Lovely as a Tree, Organic Grace, Papermania, and Verve
Inks = Choc Chip, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Always Artichoke, Soft Suede, and Crumb Cake
Tools = Big Shot, Nestabilities, Stamp-a-ma-jig, and Fan EF, 
Extras = 3D pads, Masking Tape, and Post It's 


I'm off to bed now, so good night, and have a good weekend










2 comments:

  1. Hi Bev, just found your blog. Its brilliant. I love all the cards you've made especially this one. It lovely. Thanks for reminding me of that use of masking tape. I must use that technique sometime.Its very effective. Love Viji x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Bev - and perfect for the MMM challenge this week - thanks for joining in - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read every one, and I really appreciate your time in leaving me your thoughts.