Pages

Thursday 21 March 2013

Pretty in Pink

Today, I have finished a card that I started yesterday while Sophie had a little snooze. I am entering it into two challenges


                               
First is Retro Sketches with this layout

and Fab Friday with these juicy colours



Here's my card

I started by stamping the flower head on a white card base in SS and rounding two corners. I then cut some PiP , CC, LL, and white Nesties Labels in the BS and layered them together to make the frill at the bottom. Some pink card was put through the BS in an embossing folder, and the bottom cut to shape to mimic the frill, before all being placed on the base. 

The flower was stamped on the white Nestie label, which in turn was layered on CC and LL labels and stuck on the base with 3D pads. A big white bow and the black sentiment were added as the final touches.
Supplies :

Card = Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade, Pretty in Pink, Clarity Silk, and white base FMS
Stamps = Ornate Flowers and Verve
Inks = Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade, Blushing Bride, Black, and Sahara Sand
Tools = Big Shot, SU Fan EF, and Nestabilities
Extras = 3D pads and ribbon

I was at the Dr's this morning, and have been diagnosed as a Diabetic now, so another ailment to add to my health list. Oh well, there is always someone worse off than me, so I'll not moan about it.

Hope you bloggers are all well and dandy out there, and have a good weekend. 

Be back soon




5 comments:

  1. Lovely card Bev - gorgeous colours. Love the shape of the border too - Jacqueline xx
    (P.S - sorry to hear about what the Dr. said, can you still pop round tomorrow?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layout Bev and those gorgeous icecream colours! Sorry to hear about the diabetes, hope it's one that can be controlled with a boring diet:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice take on the sketch and a lovely color combo. Such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the layered scallops and that they were embossed with the fancy fan folder…great texture. Thanks for sharing with us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the layering and your flower stamp is gorgeous! Thank you for playing with the Fab Friday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read every one, and I really appreciate your time in leaving me your thoughts.