Pages

Saturday 23 February 2013

Spotlight card

Yaaaaaayyy!! I've got to blow my own trumpet and say a big "Thank You" to the DT over at Make My Monday where I was one of their Top 3 in the Jane Austin Literary challenge," Thanks ladies"

Now, today has been as hectic as usual, but I have found some time to myself, and a chance to make a card which I hope to enter it into two challenges.


The first is Try Stampin' on Tuesday where they have this sketch,

and the second is Stampin' Royalty with this picture for inspiration.




I made this card using the Spotlight technique



I stamped the image of roses and fern leaves onto white card, masking the roses with Post it's as I built the picture up. I then cut a circle out of the design and coloured it with SU Write Markers and an Aqua Painter, before mounting it onto a black scallop circle and repositioning it back into place.



Here is a close up of the coloured image which is slightly off centre to match the challenge sketch
(which I have rotated 90* anti clockwise )









The design was finished off with a punched border along the top, and a black ribbon and sentiment at the bottom.

Recipe :
Card = Melon Mambo, Basic Black, Whisper White, and square white card FMS
Stamps = Growing Green, and Verve
Inks = Melon Mambo, Gumball Green, and Black Archival
Tools = Big Shot, Nestabilities, Post It's, Aqua Painter, and Martha Stewart punch


My new SU stamps have arrived, so I hope you can drop back tomorrow to see what I've done with them.

Until then, enjoy the rest of the weekend








4 comments:

  1. Morning Bev, Your card is so very pretty and your colours blend so well together! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Bev. Love that you used the our sketch with the inspiration photo and then created a technique card (Spotlight). Color blending, well done. Thanks for sharing with use at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card Bev - enjoy your new stamps - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. I love this technique - one that I need to practice more. You've done a great job. Thanks for playing along at TSOT.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read every one, and I really appreciate your time in leaving me your thoughts.