Pages

Monday 21 May 2012

Small Wonders

Today I've made 2 cards!! Yes, I know, I was shocked too!


They are for the CAS-ual Fridays  where they want something using Punches or Dies,

and Less is More where Chrissie and Mandi want something for a BABYor CHILD


These are the cards I made,   Aaawwww! I love this die, and want to Thank the DT at CAS-ual Fridays for their Die challenge as it reminded me about the stash of dies I've not used for ages.




This is the pink version
















and this is the blue!









This is the die itself which I got off a popular auction site! ( where many of my SU sets etc. come from) and then put all the pieces together







The bears and rabbits ( runny babbits, as Nathan calls them!! ) were all sponged around the edges and the face details drawn on with SU Write Markers. The rabbits and paws of the bears were raised on 3D pads to make them more dimensional.


Recipe :
Card = Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, Pink CB, Blue CB and Brown card  from MS
Stamps = Whimsical Words
Inks = Bashful Blue, Regal Rose, Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo, Soft Suede, and TH Tea Dye
Tools = Big Shot, Die Monde die, and Nestabilities
Extras = 3D pads, and DP from Create and Craft

This morning I was a guinea pig for my friends Grand daughter who is doing Hairdressing at college. She needed someone with long hair to have a "Spiral perm", and in a moment of weakness several weeks ago, I agreed. Now, I was one of the masses in the 80's that became a poodle while perms were all the rage, but now heated wands and tongs have taken over and curls can be washed out easily!!!  I will let you know tomorrow what I think! I hate having my photo taken ( as you can tell from the absence in my blog profile ) so I wont be making my new wig public, sorry!! but just imagine Brian May from Queen, and you'll know what it's like.

Thanks for dropping by today

 




11 comments:

  1. Hi Bev, aww love these 2 cards hun they are gorgeous. That is such a cool die. Love the colours. You made me laugh about the Brian May perm lol!!!. Hope the RA isn't misbehaving too much for you at the moment. I am just getting over a bad flare up. Really knocks you for six doesn't it. Anyways take care. Hugs Clare xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very cute these are Bev and I love the sentiment you used with them. Very intrigued about the perm! Presumably you don't get Brian May's millions along with his hairstyle! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bev, Both cards are fabulous, the image is so gorgeous, the dies are gorgeous and the sentiment too another of your amazing creations:)x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that die as well. AND, I love the way you've made them look with your sponging. The sentiment die looks great with the sponging as well. Great cards!Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous. I don't know if I like the bear or the rabbit the most

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great Bev... it's a fab die, the bunny is awesome!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...what adorable cards, Bev!! That die is so cute...must admit I have never seen that one...toooooo cute:)!! Thanks for being a part of this week's challenge at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are so, so sweet Bev!!! I adore that little rabbit, and your sponging is great too. Thanks so much for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These cards are so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww . . . these cards are absolutely adorable!! Great color choices and super fun details! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! We're so glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute teddy, although not tons of white space, they are super cards
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read every one, and I really appreciate your time in leaving me your thoughts.