Pages

Thursday 16 February 2012

Mum's the word!

I've been really busy again over the last few days, but I have managed one card which I'll be entering into the Clean and Simple challenge where they have this sketch

and Make My Monday challenge where they are looking for HEARTS AND FLOWERS with die cuts if possible.

So of course I have had to have a go and decided to combine the two.



Here's my card




I started by sticking a semi circle of vellum stamped with hearts on the left of the card ( I used a snail tape pen so that the glue did not show through the vellum). I then coloured my flower stamp with write markers and stamped it on a cream circle. The daisy flower dies looked similar to the stamp so my faithful Big Shot came out and cut 4 daisies.

I have to admit my mistake now...........After the final touch of the word 'Mum' was added, I dropped the acrylic block on the stamped flower disc........AAAAAAAAaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!! So the mark had to be covered with something. I decided on this butterfly die, as although it is large, the wings are very dainty and don't swamp the design too much. What do you think??

Recipe:
Card = Rich Razzleberry, Real Red, Poppy Parade, Very Vanilla, and cream and blue from my stash
Stamps = SU Ornate Flowers and Papermania
Inks = Poppy Parade, Rich Razzleberry, Crushed Curry, and Lucky Limeade
Tools = Big Shot, Nestabilities circles, Shapeabilities, and Marianne
Extras = 3D pads, and blue gems

Thanks for stopping by today and hope to see you again soon



5 comments:

  1. Brilliantly rescued Bev - I'd never have known! I really like the heart-stamped vellum. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is GORGEOUS!!! I think the butterfly fits in very well. As we all know, there are NO mistakes in stamping, only opportunities for embellishment! :) Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Concur with Mynette, no mistakes just a chance to add something else to your card...which is gorgeous by the way. Thank you for entering the Make My Monday challenge. Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Bev, fabulous recue... we've all bin ther lol... I really like this card it's lovely!
    thamk you for joining in at MMM
    suzi b x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really lovely card Bev and so glad you managed to cover up the mistake. Something I've done more than once too!
    Thanks for joining in at Make My Monday this week.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read every one, and I really appreciate your time in leaving me your thoughts.