Pages

Tuesday 1 November 2011

Bermuda Bay Bird

Yaaaaayy, the lovely DT at Make My Monday have chosen me as Top 3 again, Thank you so much Ladies I really appreciate it.

November already??!! Just where has this year gone? Still I love the autumn and winter months, everything looks so beautiful and the colours of the trees are fabulous.

Now, back to the present, today's card is for the CAS-ual Fridays challenge #26  using this sketch as a starting point.


I decided to rotate the sketch through 90* so my card is wider, but still keeping the structure of the design.

This is the end result, what do you think?



I started with some white card and stamping the bird with his wonderful tail on his branch. Then I extended the branch across the rest of the card using two swirls in the same green (with the aid of my Stamp-a-ma-jig ). The stamped image was then layered on some blue card before it all was placed onto a white card base and the corners rounded. To finish, a sentiment and gems were randomly added.

 
Recipe: 
Card = Island Indigo, Whisper White, and white card base from my stash
Stamps = Whimsical Wings, Inkadinkado and Verve
Inks = Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, and Pear Pizzazz
Tools = Stamp-a-ma-jig and Xcut corner rounder
Extras = gems

I've got a few busy days coming up, so I'll be back as soon as I can.

Thanks for dropping by


 

6 comments:

  1. Bev this is beautiful love the image and the colour is gorgeous also the gems just finish it of beautifully too!:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning. Love your take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful Bev - you always make wonderful cards with this little bird! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my - this is absolutely stunning!! Love the images and the gorgeous flourishes - amazing! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and sweet! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beauty!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read every one, and I really appreciate your time in leaving me your thoughts.