Pages

Monday 17 October 2011

One Layer card

Today I'm suffering with a terrible migraine so it's lucky that I drafted this post yesterday as my eyes cant stand the light of the screen.

I'd made a quick card for the OLW #68 challenge where they want "something triangular".

I also wanted to make another card for St Luke's Charity cards challenge where their theme is still "Something for the boys", so I thought of making a card with a Postage stamp as the image. 

Take a look

 


 
I have a stamp of a postage stamp, but it's an oblong shape, so I stamped one corner of it pointing upwards in the center of a square card, masked this off with Post its and added a line of the perforations to join it up across the bottom. The triangular frame that this made was then masked off and the aperture sponged with blue ink. I then added the 1st in the corner and stamped a dragonfly, and flower heads along the bottom. This simple card was finished with the sentiment underneath .

I don't know if stamp collecting is still popular, or whether computers have taken over?, but I hope that the masculine vibe of this card will mean something to someone.

Recipe : Card = white card from my stash
Stamps = SU Organic Grace, Clarity, and Verve sentiment
Inks = Bashful Blue, Basic Black, Green Galore, and Sahara Sand
Tools = Post Its

Thanks for your visit today, I hope you can come back soon to see what else I've been up to.




 

7 comments:

  1. Bev - I really like the simplicity of your card - I've always liked stamp ideas! And I'm impressed how your got the triangular shape. Thanks so much for playing along with St Luke's Charity Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever use of the stamp - I would never have thought to make it into a triangle! Works brilliantly for both challenges.
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at St Lukes.
    Tara (aka Craftilicious)
    St Luke's Charity Cards Challenge Founder

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you have a migraine, and you feel so drained even after it passes don't you.
    I love this card, and you are so patient to make it into a triangle! I think that this would be popular with lots of people, I love stamps, I think it is something about them being miniature works of art.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore stamps - the postage ones as well as the rubber ones! I am so impressed with how you've brilliantly made this into a triangular stamp - it's a perfect card. So sorry to hear about the migraine - hope it passes soon. Vx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is just beautiful! hope your Migraine eases off for you :) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card and great use of this fabulous stamp.

    Thank you for joining in our challenge over at St LUkes.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so creative Bev and stamps are always great for a chaps card. My hubbie has a family stamp collection and some of the older specimens are triangular :)
    Thanks for joining us at St Luke's this month.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read every one, and I really appreciate your time in leaving me your thoughts.