Pages

Saturday 15 October 2011

Not Halloween

Today I am entering my card into several challenges. 

The colours are from ColourQ #106, and the lay

 out from Mojo Monday challenge #210,  and over

at The Kraft Journal #40 they are looking for Die Cuts.


This colour pallet is not easy for us Brits that don't celebrate or send Halloween cards, but I thought I'd have a go anyway.

Here is my card



I started with some grey card which I put through the Big Shot in an embossing folder, and then sponged the raised pattern. I used a border punch on some black card, wrapped it with some grey ribbon and bow, and added it to the top of the grey card. A strip of black card separates the embossing from the plain card. I stamped the frame in orange on white card, and added some two step roses and leaves, with a black sentiment, and stuck it down on 3D pads. The main feature is the yellow die cut butterfly in the center.

 
Recipe : Card = Basic Black, Basic Gray, Whisper White, and Crushed Curry
Stamps = Baby Blossoms and Verve
Inks = Basic Black, Crushed Curry, and Only Orange
Tools = Big Shot, Martha Stewart Punch, and Marianne Butterfly die
Extras = Ribbon and 3D pads


This morning my friend Jacqueline held a Stampin Up party, and our demonstrator, Paula, let us have a play with some of the new stuff from the latest catalogue, and this is the card we made.

I've ordered more than I should have, but crafting is my only vice ( honestly it is!!!) and I can't wait till it all arrives.

Thanks for looking at my blog today, and I hope you can come back again




2 comments:

  1. Very pretty card, Bev! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well your card certainly doesn't look halloweenish! Sounds like you had a lovely time at Jacqueline's party - and I'm saying nothing about other vices! Vx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read every one, and I really appreciate your time in leaving me your thoughts.