Pages

Sunday 23 October 2011

Feeling Square??


This is the second post of the day, and I made a card for the Pals Paper Arts challenge #116 where they had this square card sketch.



I was again using my new stamps, and some of the smaller stamps made me think of the swinging 60's, so that was my starting point for the colour scheme.


Here is the finished item


Instead of straight lines on the squares I decided to use a labels nestabilitie. Using a square white card as the base I cut the nestabilities shape at the corners and then randomly stamped in black the circle and flower shape before colouring them in with SU markers. With the BS I cut three labels, coral, green, and white, and the later was put through in an embossing folder, and then all stuck in the center of the base card. I then stamped the large flower several times on white card, coloured them in, and cut out 4 different layers. The first two were stuck on the embossed label, and then the center circle and flower were stuck on with 3D pads to give dimension. As the background is so busy I decided not to put a sentiment on this card so it is useful for all occasions.


Recipe :  Card = Whisper White, Calypso Coral, and Pear Pizzazz
Stamps = Playful Petals
Inks = Black, Calypso Coral, Pear Pizzazz, Blushing Bride, and Lucky Limeade
Tools = Big Shot, Labels nestabilities, and Budding Vine embossing folder


Right, I'd better go and round up all the dogs toys before they get damp.

Hopefully I'll be back soon with some more creations.


1 comment:

  1. What a lovely bright notecard Bev! It reminds me of the 60s too - in fact I'm sure I had a dress in a fabric like that! Vx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read every one, and I really appreciate your time in leaving me your thoughts.