Pages

Saturday 24 September 2011

Autumn Foliage

Today while hanging the washing out I saw that my pond had a layer of leaves floating on the surface, so out came the fishing net and a scooping I went!! I noticed their lovely combination of autumn colours, and this got my creative juices flowing for when I sat down to craft in front of the TV for the Grand Prix.


I automatically reached for my French Foliage set, and decided to use the sketch at Mojo Monday challenge #207 as a starting point.


This is my interpretation of the sketch, and I simply love the colours.





I started with a cream card and cut a squares of orange, brown, and 2 white card . I randomly stamped the white squares with the 3 leaves from the set in yellow, brown, and rust, and then the splats and postal mark in grey. The white squares were then mounted on the orange and brown cards that had had their edges roughened with my scissors, and placed at an angle on the front of the card. I then used my BS and cut 2 labels, 1 red and 1 white. The white one was stamped with the sentiment and layered on the red one  and placed off center over the squares. With my BS still out, I cut 1 red and 2 orange multi layered Flowers, curled the petals and placed them on the right side of the top label, and a brown leaf stamped onto brown card added to the left with a ribbon bow above it. The finishing touches were 3 brown leaves and gems added to the flowers.


Recipe :  Card = SU Pumpkin Pie, Poppy Parade, Whisper White, Brown and cream cards from my stash
Stamps = French Foliage and Verve
Inks = Crushed Curry, Sahara Sand, Adirondack Rust and Espresso
Tools = Big Shot, Labels Nestabilities, and Crealies flowers
Extras = Gold ribbon and gems.


Thanks for dropping by and I hope you like my card, and I would love to hear what you think if you have time to leave a comment.

I plan to do more crafting tomorrow, so call back if you can.


2 comments:

  1. Bev this is beautiful! the colours are gorgeous:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beauty with all those gorgeous autumnal colours! I love your layered flowers too. Vx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read every one, and I really appreciate your time in leaving me your thoughts.