Pages

Wednesday 31 August 2011

Whimsical Wings

Yaaaaaaaaayyyyy, I'm Top 3 at Make My Monday again, Thank you DT!!

Hi everyone, Hope you've all had a good Bank Holiday and are enjoying the last few days of the summer with the children before they start the new school term...........can you believe that tomorrow is officially the first day of Autumn??? Scary isn't it??

Also, I must tell you all that the Gremlins are still interfering with my blog, and I cannot leave any comments, so I apologise now and hope that Blogger can sort it out for me soon. Thanks for your understanding, and although I'm silent ( some might hope!!), I'm still looking at all the wonderful projects you are creating.


Anyway, I've not had much chance for crafting myself, but I started a card on Tuesday afternoon at my friends, and have finally managed to finish it so I could enter it in Make My Monday's last challenge on the theme of Things with Wings.

This week we had this photo as inspiration



I started with a white square card, rounded the corners and sponged the edges before layering it with green card with a torn corner, and then a cream card also torn and sponged. I then stamped the foliage and bird from Whimsical Wings using my Stamp-a-ma-jig. The bird cage was stamped and heat embossed on the cream card, and a second cage stamped and embossed on acetate so I could cut out a section to create a cage door so as to suggest that the bird has escaped. The roses were again stamped and placed with the Stamp-a-ma-jig, with 3 being raised on 3D pads for added dimension. The finishing touch was the gem for the birds eye, the cream bow on the cage, and the Verve stamped sentiment.

Here it is. I adore this bird and love to use the whispy feathers stamp for his tail. I hope you like it


and here is a close up of the cage door

Recipe : card = SU Green Galore, Whisper White, and Very Vanilla
Stamps = Whimsical Wings, Baby Blossoms, Papermania, and Verve.
Inks = Regal Rose, Melon Mambo, Certainly Celery, and Versamark
Tools = Heat Gun, and Stamp-a-ma-jig
Extras = Gold embossisng powder, acetate, cream ribbon, and green gem from my stash.

One reason why no crafting has been done, is because we had a family day out to Gloucester Docks on Sunday to see the Tall Ships and the re-enactment of the 1801 war where the Gloucester Regiment fought off the French at Alexandra in Egypt. Here is a photo of one of the ships.                                                                                         
 

 Here Nathan and Nana ( My mum, Mary ) are talking to some of the volunteers dressed as the soldiers would have in those times.







There was a circus style show put on for the kids, but alot of the jokes and one liners were aimed at the adults ( well at least I hope the kids didn't understand what was going on!!!???) . This is the act called 'The Black Eagles', who were acrobats that did a bit of fire eating, juggling, and gyrating of hips that didn't leave alot to the imagination of what lay beneath their loin clothes!!!!                 
I wont bore you with any more photos,  but boring as it sounds, it was a lovely day out.

Now, I'm not making up excuses, but, I'm in hospital on Friday for my next RA treatment, so I may not feel well enough to do any crafting, but I'll be back as soon as I can to show you anything I do manage to create.

Thank you for dropping by, and I'd love to read any comments you have if you get time to leave them.

Back soon


8 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous creation from you Bev - it's no surprise that you are coming top 3 again. Thank you for joining in again this week at Make My Monday - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Bev as usual! I like the torn corner. Thank you for joining at Make MY Monday :)
    Suzi B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on being in the top 3 last week. Lovely card this week and that idea of the open door on the birdcage is great (might pinch it as I have the same stamp set).

    ReplyDelete
  4. WONDERFUL card! Love it! Congrats on making top three with me last week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Bev, another beauty from you this week - gorgeous images used. Your take on the photo is fabulous! Hope to see you next week at Make My Monday for a new theme

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing Bev and so detailed! I love the idea of the open door on your gorgeous gold cage and it's worked brilliantly. But the thing I like the best is that you stamped the roses among the flourishes and they look so real! Congratulations on making top 3 last week and I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't get a hat trick with this card! Looks like you had a lovely day out - those acrobats certainly seem to have held your attention! Hope all goes well with your treatment and see you back in blogland soon. Vx
    PS sorry - I've written a novel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Your card is super, the flowers look wonderful, a terrific interpretation of the photo at Make My Monday. I hope today went went and your feeling okay. Cheers Caz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous creation Bev. Love the stamped roses and the clever bird tail. Beautiful cage too.
    Great photos of your day out and hope all goes well with your treatment too.
    Thanks so much for joining in again at Make My Monday and for the continued support which means such a lot.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read every one, and I really appreciate your time in leaving me your thoughts.