Pages

Monday 22 August 2011

Snowy Christmas

I've had a real play with ink this afternoon.......yesterday, while looking for my Clarity stamp of the Wise men, I found my other Clarity Christmas stamps that I bought in last years sale, and that I'd forgotten all about. So I stayed with the Christmas theme for my card I'm entering in to the Less is More challenge where they are looking for "Things that Move".

My things that can move are the 2 striking reindeers that sit astride the christmas sentiment, the lone reindeer in the snow blizzard ( does snow move???), and the birds in the moody snowy evening sky. I hope I'm not pushing the boundries too far with this one, and I did desperately try to keep it as less is more, but I got so carried away with my frosty background scene.

This is the end result, I love it and hope that you do too. ( I dont think this will grace anyone elses mantlepiece this year but mine, selfish I know, but I may try other colour combos and background scenes for sending out!).





I started with a white 6" square card and used the BS to cut a label shaped hole in some scrap paper. I sponged through the hole with SU Sahara Sand ink, using torn paper to create a hillside. The trees are from SU Lovely as a Tree set, and were triple stamped to keep them faded. I made a penny size mask on a Post it Note to make a moon in the sky, and sponged over it. In the foreground I stamped a grazing deer ( I think this is from Clarity) and some holly sprigs. The tufts of grass are made by inking only the very edge of a tree and stamping it horizontaly. I stamped some birds in the sky and dotted everywhere with a white gel pen and added some white highlights where the moonlight would fall on things. I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to place everything exactly where I wanted it.

The large reindeers were stamped on Clarity silk card and coloured with Promarkers, before being cut out and stuck either side of the Dovecraft sentiment that is stamped in black.


Recipe :  Card = white card from stash, and Clarity Silk card
Inks = SU Sahara Sand, Black Adirondack, and Promarkers
Tools = Big Shot and labels nestabilities
Stamps = SU Lovely as a Tree, Clarity, and Dovecraft
Extras = Stamp-a-ma-jig, White Gel pen, penny, and Post it Note.


 I've got to put things away now ready for my Tuesday visit to my friend Jacqueline's. If we manage to actually make anything I'll show you tomorrow

Thanks for looking at my blog today, and hope you can come back soon.







9 comments:

  1. This is EXQUISITE...wow, amazing stamping. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Bev... the scene you created is fabulous... such gentle colours!
    What a super card!
    Thank you so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Bev, love the background:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bev, you have created a beautiful card so adorable are the images and the background is stunning too!:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  5. That backgrouns scene is marvellous Bev
    Super job!
    i do love reindeers

    Thanks so much
    Diva LIM Mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bold coloured reindeers against the soft scene behind. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, your background scene it simply stunning and would have filled the brief all on it's own!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card, I love the image in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic masking technique, and I love your image and stamping!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read every one, and I really appreciate your time in leaving me your thoughts.