Pages

Wednesday 17 August 2011

One Layer Ink card

After a busy day saving the planet again and being a Sheriffs horse, I was glad to get home this evening and sit down.

Yesterday after playing with my brayer, it is still sitting on the table, so thought I'd have a go at the Less is More challenge of a "One layer card with Ink".

First I masked off a panel on a 5" square card of Whisper White with Post It notes. In it I stamped a Dovecraft fairy silhouette in Versamark ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. This would then resist any inks that are put over it. I tried to brayer over the fairy with ink from a Big and Juicy but I got lines from the Post Its, so I re-did it, but this time sponged over the fairy with Orchid Opulence and Regal Rose.

This is the result, its very girlie and pink but I like it.



I like the simplicity of this style of card, and I like it better than my card I did for Make My Monday challenge so I think I will enter this card aswell.

I hope to have more time to craft tomorrow, but Mum and Ali are doing another car boot on Saturday so I've got to help sort out their treasures!!!  If you can please come back and see what I've done.

Thanks for all your lovely comments, I love reading them






18 comments:

  1. Well this one is truly girlie with its fairies, pinks and purples! I love the texture of your sponged background. Vx (Hope you're not having bran mash for tea!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bev too true your right pink and girlie but its also stunning l love the image and l haven't seen brayer before what is it? twice l have heard that being used today ............Still a stunning card:)Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  3. delicate elf shot:) very girly card. beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Bev for sharing that information l will watch her :) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific background, very pretty in pink. Thanks for your 2nd entry to Make My Monday. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty in pink it is too, love it. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh i love this one, pink is my favourite colour and I adore fairy silhouette stamps lol Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card! Great masking and sponging!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Love it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is super Bev, the colours you used for the inking are just fabulous and the image pops beautifully. A fab card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card and beautiful colours

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another lovely card for the Make My Monday challenge - thanks for joining in again this week Bev - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic effect
    Love the girlie colours, they work perfectly

    Thanks so much
    Mandi
    Diva LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh lovely, love the image and the colours you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it too....esp. as it's pink...my fav colour :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a super girlie card and I love it! Really catches the eye. Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi bev, fabulous fairy card, love the backround... Thanks for joing the Make My Monday Challenge.
    Suzi B x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another lovely creation Bev. Love the simple elegance and pretty colour.
    Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Make My Monday and good luck!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read every one, and I really appreciate your time in leaving me your thoughts.