Pages

Sunday 24 July 2011

Whimsical Wings Double

For those of you who follow my blog, you will know where I will be this afternoon!!!!

Today I've created a "Double Whammy" and mixed 2 challenges. The first, Clean and Simple Stamping gave me this sketch, and the second, Simply Stampin Challenge gave me these colours to work with, Certainly Celery, Poppy Parade, Whisper White, and Real Red






I started with a white card and masked 1 1/2" off the bottom and stamped the Whimsical Wings large flourish randomly to create a border. Then I used my beloved BS and labels nestabilities to cut a Whisper White and Poppy Parade label, and a strip of Certainly Celery placed under the bottom of the label. The WWings bird was stamped in Real Red and CCelery onto the WWhite and the little flower was from Itty Bitty Buds also in RRed.I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the sentiment from Whimsical Words and stamped it in RRed in the bottom corner, with the flourish in CCelery below it.

Take a look at the outcome




Tomorrow morning I'll be at Jacquelines and hopefully we can get some crafting done, I'll let you know how we get on!!!


Thanks for all your lovely comments,they are gratefully received and appreciated. Please come back soon if you can.





7 comments:

  1. Wow this is wonderful love the image and the colours used truely is lovely:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you made the border with the large flourish and I like the shaped panel used for this sketch too. Have a good week! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute bird! Very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cute. Thanks for taking part ....x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice use of the colours! Thanks for joining in at the Simply Stampin' Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining us at Simply Stampin' challenge, your card is beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card, and I love the Whimsical Words set :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read every one, and I really appreciate your time in leaving me your thoughts.