Pages

Thursday 21 July 2011

Vintage Make My Monday

This is my second post of the day ( I did say that I'd been busy!!), so thanks for dropping by again.

I needed to make a Vintage shabby chic card including torn or crumpled items for Make My Monday Challenge 7. The vintage thing is not my style at all so I've found it quite hard to know where to even start with this one.
First I downloaded the photo and old letter from the Craft Stamper Magazine website onto Whisper White card.I cut the letter out and screwed it up into a ball, and after unwrapping it I sponged the edges  and creases with Tea Dye Tim Holtz distressing ink.This was stuck loosely onto a torn piece of Pretty in Pink card that had also been sponged on the egdes, and then that stuck onto a cream card from my stash also with sponged edges.Sandwiched in between the letter and pink card there is a strip of lace aged with TH ink ( unstitched from an old petticoat that had been hiding at the back of one of my drawers for ever!!). I tore the edges of the photo and sponged them again before sticking it down with 3D pads to give some more dimension. My trusty BS was then used to cut the 2 PiPink vines from Marianne Creatables dies, and they were placed at rightangles in the bottom right corner. The meeting point of the vines was covered by the GGreen rose which I stamped in RRed onto PiPink card 4 times and then cut out.I spread the ink from the egdes with a water pen to soften the lines. I screwed the roses up after cutting 2 flowers down to just the center petals,and stuck them inside the complete flowers to give it a more old Dogrose kind of feel. To finish the card the Woodware sentiment was stamped in Chocolate Chip to link the darker colours in the photo.


I was quite pleased with the outcome, and I hope you like too.

If you have the time, please leave me your comments as I love to get them and see what you think of my work. Hope to see you here again soon


6 comments:

  1. Your card is very pretty in pink. I love the iamge you downloaded, thanks for the heads up, off to get one for myself. Thanks for joining in the vintage challenge at MMM. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deserve to be pleased this is stunning:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Bev, great to see you joining in at Make My Monday this week - Jacqueline xx.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, I don´t say nothing, is very beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! You really do have a handle on the vintage look Bev but the thing that really caught my eye was that fabulous rose! You are doing amazing things with Growing Green! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Think you did a fab card considering you are out of your comfort zone. Pink matches perfectly with vintage I think , fabulous job.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read every one, and I really appreciate your time in leaving me your thoughts.