Pages

Thursday 21 July 2011

Mojo Monday is Growing Green

Hello fellow crafters,

I'm sorry that I've been so busy lately, but here I am keen as ever to blog again.

My new long awaited SU set Growing Green has arrived and I picked it up yesterday at my friend Jacqueline's, and I just had to start using it, after of course we'd had a good old natter over coffee. I decided to enter my card into the Mojo Monday Challenge so followed their sketch.

I started with a cream card from my stash and randomly stamped the GGreen rose in Real Red over it. I then stamped the leaf spray one above the other and sponged over it in Certainly Celery, and then cut away the right hand edge to make the vertical ribbon. I cut 2 SB nestabilities labels with the BS, one in Wild Wasabi, and one in Whisper White which was then stamped with the GGreen leaf in CCelery and coloured with a water pen to spread the ink. I then cut a circle in Real Red and one in WWhite ( I drew around 2 glasses for the round shapes as I don't have these nesties yet!) and stamped the rose in RRed on the white and again spread the ink with a water pen.A red ribbon and bow from my stash was placed across the card before the layered shapes were stuck on top of it. It was all finished with a RRed sentiment from Woodware.  Phew, there is steam coming from my laptop's keyboard now!! Ooooops.

 Anyway, take a look at the finished article and see what you think



Please drop by again soon if you get a chance to as I've got another,very different, card to show you.

3 comments:

  1. I think you have done a fabulous job great background used and the ribbon just finishes it off:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - LOVE the border you made with the leaf spray Bev! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card. Love that stamped background. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read every one, and I really appreciate your time in leaving me your thoughts.