Pages

Sunday 31 July 2011

Clean and Simple Best Wishes

Well here we are again at Sunday. Just where does the week go???

I'm in my usual seat for the afternoon ( It's the Hungarian GP and it's raining so should be exciting!!) and I've just looked in at the Clean and Simple challenge and today there is this sketch.


I immediately knew where to start as this morning I've found some lovely ribbon in one of my drawers in the study while I looking for something else ( isn't that always the way?).

So, I started with a 6" white square card, and cut a matt out of light blue card that is faux leather effect, both from my stash. I wrapped the navy and gold ribbon around the matt before sticking it down. I then cut the flag out of SU Night of Navy and added a band of the leather effect card at the top of it after using a MS punch on it. I then stamped the Woodware sentiment in Versamark on the flag and heat embossed it with gold powder, and I did the same with the moth from Strength and Hope after stamping it onto some NNavy card and then cut it out.


Here is the end result, have a look


While dog sitting yesterday I tried to take a photo of the three mad dogs romping around in the garden, but I ended up only catching the end of a tail or just a head. Eventually I waited for them to stop for a breather and got them to sit nicely together.


And then lie down, well except Jasper as he was too busy watching a squirrel



What the photos don't show is how wet and slobbery the long fur is around Monty's neck where Duff and Jasper had been grabbing him. It sounds bad, but they loved every second of chasing each other round in circles, and if dogs could smile you would see that Monty is grinning from ear to ear with sheer pleasure.


That's it for today, and thanks for dropping by.


1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous animals bet it was hard trying to take photo's they are like babies not sitting still!! card is gorgeous too love the butterfly:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read every one, and I really appreciate your time in leaving me your thoughts.