Pages

Friday 3 June 2011

Father's Day Tree

Hi everyone,as you can see I'm still here and have not been whisked off my feet by the TV man!! I've had a few busy days though, firstly my sister,Ali,brought Nathan and Sophie over for the day on Wednesday.Nat absolutely cracks me up, we decided to ware him out by taking Monty for a run about in 'the orchards' which are part of The Worcestershire Way,as they are beautiful and full of wildlife. Well there we were exploring and he found "Polar bear paw prints" in the dirt track, he was so excited as he had found some the last time we went up there ( we didn't have the heart to tell them they were dog paws!) .Anyway, after finding a big stick so he could protect us I asked him if he was sure it was a polar bear and not a grizzly bear, without hesitation he said " no Aunt Bev, it's a polar bear coz he's not sad and not grizzling!!", we just cracked up at his innocence.

Before I bore you all,I'd better talk crafting.I've made another Fathers Day card for the Pals Paper Arts challenge using just 3 colours.Here it is,and for a change there's no bright colours:

I've used 5"x5" SU Whisper White card base with a Cherry Cobbler central panel which is Versamark stamped with the acorn from All Natural (sadly not showing up very well in photo),top and bottom scallops in Night of Navy using MS punch,and central Whisper White square stamped in More Mustard is the oak tree from Lovely as a Tree,the corners are punched with Fiskars punch,and sentiment from Woodware.
Secondly,yesterday was again chaos, Mum got back from holiday,and my step sister Cassy ( a Doctor in Leicester) came back 2 days early from her 3 months secondment in Africa,so we had an impromptu family get together in Evesham ( at a pub of course!).
Today I have spent most of the morning mowing the lawns and weeding till I couldn't stand up any more with my RA. Once I'd recovered I did the challenge card above.

I hope I can get to spend some of the weekend crafting.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you can call back again soon. Bev.x

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Card Bev............:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Father's Day card. Good job incorporating the colors. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read every one, and I really appreciate your time in leaving me your thoughts.