Pages

Friday 17 June 2011

Birthday Thanks

Hello,and thanks for dropping by.                                                    I've had a few very hectic,but very lovely, couple of days, with the family helping me to celebrate my birthday.What with work and nursery not everyone could see me at the same time ( in my younger years this would have been "ACE", but now,I hardly had the energy to get through each day, but I managed to keep smiling....as you do ). I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but I'm glad its all over, all I've got to do now is make all the Thank You cards.The first one I thought I'd combine with the CAS-ual Fridays challenge of colour blocking.


One of my pressies was the SU Garden Silhouettes set which I'd tracked down on good old eBay and got Mum to buy for me,so used it on my card. First I got SU Whisper White card and then sponged 3 blocks in Apricot Appeal,Bashful Blue, and Certain Celery. Then I stamped the Agapanthas flower heads in to these areas with Only Orange,Brilliant Blue, and Glorious Green. To finish it off the Woodware words were stamped in Brilliant Blue.Its a really simple card but I think its quite effective,what about you???


Well that's the first one down,many more still to do, thank goodness it's the weekend!!!

 Mum and Dave are taking my sister and her brood off for a week on a barge along the canals in Leicestershire on Sunday, so next week  I'll have plenty of time to watch the start of Wimbledon ( I hope) weather permitting of course.

Hope you can call again soon, and 'thank you' to all of you who leave me your lovely comments.
Bye for now,Bev.x

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Soft and simple but oh so pretty :) Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your three blocks of colour Bev! I have this set from ages ago and refuse to part with it! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - and happy birthday too! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tone on tone stamping on the color blocks is so pretty !Thank you for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belated birthday wishes - hope it was absolutely wonderful!!

    And your card is gorgeous - I do like the softer colours here and the pretty grasses stamped on top! Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read every one, and I really appreciate your time in leaving me your thoughts.